The Average BodyFat for 50, 51, 52, 53 and 54 Year old varies person to person. Below you will see the Low end, Average and High end Percentage for the 50-54 year range.
A healthy body fat percentage provides many benefits, such as: temperature regulation, balanced hormone levels and better reproductive health.
High body fat can increase the risk of conditions such as diabetes, joint problems and cardiovascular disease. Having too little body fat can also be harmful, potentially affecting fertility, immunity, and heart health.Therefore, it is very essential to keep in check your body fat percentage in accordance to your age and gender to lead a healthy life style.
A healthy body fat percentage varies by gender and age. Following are detailed charts of average body fat percentage:
Average Body Fat Percentage for 50-year-old Male:
Average body fat percentage for a 50-year-old boy is 17-28%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 50-year-old Female:
Average body fat percentage for a 50-year-old girl is 22-36%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 51-year-old Male:
Average body fat percentage for a 51-year-old boy is 17-28%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 51-year-old Female:
Average body fat percentage for a 51-year-old girl is 22-36%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 52-year-old Male:
Average body fat percentage for a 52-year-old boy is 17-28%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 52-year-old Female:
Average body fat percentage for a 52-year-old girl is 22-36%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 53-year-old Male:
Average body fat percentage for a 53-year-old boy is 18-29%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 53-year-old Female:
Average body fat percentage for a 53-year-old girl is 23-37%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 54-year-old Male:
Average body fat percentage for a 54-year-old boy is 18-29%
Average Body Fat Percentage for 54-year-old Female:
Average body fat percentage for a 54-year-old girl is 23-37%
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 years old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 Year old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 24, 25, 26, 27 and 29 Year old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34 Year old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39 Year old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 40, 41, 42, 43 and 44 Year old
- Must Read:- Average Body Fat percentage for 45, 46, 47, 48 and 49 Year old
- Must read:- Average height to bodyweight for bodybuilders
Average Body Weight Chart
Risks Of Too Little Fat:
Fat tends to get a bad reputation, but your body depends on it. Without enough fat, your body loses its ability to; keep you warm, protect your organs and absorb vitamins.
- Teen boys need at least 6 percent body fat
- Teen girls should have at least 12 percent.
If you are a teen girl or boy having fat less than the least percentages, teen boys and girls could develop following symptoms;
- Malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies, or anemia.
- Osteoporosis from too little vitamin D and calcium.
- Decreased immune function.
- Fertility issues caused by irregular menstrual cycles.
- Muscle development and growth
Risks Of Too Much Fat:
Having too much body fat can cause health problems such as;
- Sleep problems
- Heart burn
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol. These are risk factors for heart disease.
- Diabetes. Obesity is the major cause of type 2 diabetes
- Joint problems, such as osteoarthritis.
- Breathing problems.
Psychosocial effects, like losing self-confidence based on your looks, self-worth, anxiety and depression.
Body mass index, or BMI, is a measure of body size. It combines a person’s weight with their height. The results of a BMI measurement can give an idea about whether a person has the correct weight for their height.
BMI Vs Fat Percentage:
Body mass index (BMI) is a rough estimate of body fat percentage. But it has limitations; it cannot differentiate between fat and muscle mass. For example, people with high muscle mass may have a high BMI without high body fat. Or people with normal muscle mass and average BMI may have very high body fat percentage and appear obese.
Many people have a lot of misconceptions when it comes to understanding this concept of BMI and fat percentage.
The most frequently asked question is;
Can you be considered obese if you have a normal body weight?
The answer is;
You can have a normal weight, but if your body fat percentage is high enough, you may be considered obese — a condition known as normal weight obesity.
Average calorie and fat intake per day:
For a 2,000-calorie diet, the recommended amount for moderately active teenage girls would equal approximately 55 to 75 grams of fat per day. Moderately active teenage boys need 2,600 calories per day, on average, making their daily fat requirement between 70 and 100 grams.
|Age of Male||Average calorie intake per day of male in (Cal)||Average fat intake per day of male|
|Early Adolescence age 12-13||2000 Cal||2200 Cal||2600 Cal||50-70 gm|
|Middle Adolescence age 14-18||2200 – 2400 Cal||2400 – 2800 Cal||2800 – 3200 Cal||70-85 gm|
|Late Adolescence age 18-24||2600 Cal||2800 Cal||3000 Cal||100 gm|
Note: these graphs show the average intake of calories and fats per day for teenage boys and girls according to their daily life style.
|Age of Female||Average calorie intake per day of Female in (Cal)||Average fat intake per day of female
|Early Adolescence age 12-13||1600 Cal||2000 Cal||2200 Cal||50-60 gm|
|Middle Adolescence age 14-18||1800 Cal||2200 Cal||2400 Cal||50-70 gm|
|Late Adolescence age 18-24||2000 Cal||2200 Cal||2400 Cal||55-75 gm|
A Healthy Life Style:
Body fat naturally fluctuates throughout your life, so it’s normal for body fat levels to change when you’re in your teens. So rather than over fretting on your body fat percentages try;
- Replacing your junk meals with healthy alternatives
- Meals with balances amount of fat, carbohydrates and proteins
- Physical activity for teens is highly recommended for better mental, emotional, physical strength.
For reaching and maintaining all these milestones, a yearly doctor checkup will surely help and motivate you to lead a healthy life style!