As suggested by TrainRightMuscle, you should do cardio before working out your abs or other muscle groups. Because that time is the most suitable for you to warm up your body. As for the abs workout, you can do it any time you want.
“Like just about everything else in exercise, the ‘best’ time to do abdominal exercises is whenever you can,” said
What are cardio exercises?
Cardio (short for Cardiovascular) is simply understood as light exercise such as jogging, jumping rope, or cycling, … with the purpose of increasing the heart rate of the practitioner. These exercises will control heart rate as well as blood circulation, in addition, cardio also helps to improve metabolism, increase oxygen and burn excess fat.
In other words, when you do cardio before you start working out, you’ll warm up your muscles, and to make sure you’re keeping your strength up for abs or weight training afterwards, you should do cardio for about 5-15 minutes.
There are two types of cardio:
LISS (Low-Intensity Steady State): 10 to 15 minutes of moderate exercise
HIIT (High Intensive Interval Training): high-intensity exercises combined in short intervals, alternating periods of rest.
regulate blood flow and burn fat.
The two forms above give you their own benefits, for LISS will improve cardiovascular and calorie burning, but there is a potential for injury or muscle soreness if you exercise too long or too hard. As for HIIT, it will not require you to exercise every day, besides, HIIT also helps the body to increase metabolism (BMR) and endurance.
The 5 best benefits when you do regular cardio:
- Weight loss, fat loss: This is the easiest thing to imagine, when you jog or jump rope continuously for a short time, a large number of your calories will be burned, and excess fat will be converted into energy. From there, the body will lose a certain amount of fat.
- Cardiovascular conditioning: When you familiarize your body with exercises such as jogging, jumping rope, walking, and cycling every day, your cardiovascular will be maintained at the best level, as well as avoidable. heart diseases such as heart failure, and myocardial infarction.
- Improve your sleep: Eating needs to be absorbed through the burning of energy, and the most effective work is exercise. If you are a person who often suffers from insomnia or does not sleep well, after each cardio session, you will feel your sleep is significantly improved.
- Daily Mood Improvement: Isn’t it hard to believe? But according to psychologists, exercising every week will keep your body in a positive state with abundant energy, improved mental and physical health, and nothing to be sad or negative about. Right.
- Develop your brain: If you know how to combine exercise with eating, you are creating conditions for your brain to absorb nutrients in a healthy way. From there, your brain will become better, you will not have to worry about your forgetfulness or inattention, instead, you will be sharper and do more things.
Tom Holland, MS, CSCS, an exercise physiologist and fitness adviser for Bowflex.
And this article will talk about the positive effects when you spend time doing cardio before working out.
Why we should do cardio first instead of abs?
First, cardio exercises are primarily about getting you more energy before working on other muscle groups. As you gradually get your body into the habit of light activities such as treadmill, skipping rope, and cycling every day, your fitness will gradually develop, and you will be able to lift more and heavier weights, thanks to the burst of energy you get through cardio exercises.
As for abdominal training, this is considered the most difficult muscle group to develop because the area around the abdomen is a place to store energy in the form of fat. The thicker your belly fat layer, the harder it will be to see the muscles. That’s why you have to work out more consistently to burn fat and to get the energy in the first place is cardio, you know what I mean?
If you only train abs without doing other forms of exercise, it is also very difficult to develop, so abs and cardio must go hand in hand.
You do not need to spend too much time doing cardio first, because that way you will burn too much energy, and will not have the energy to do the next exercises, only practice for about 5-15 minutes to warm up your body.
Is it wrong to do the cardio after, or will it not develop abs?
This is absolute no. Each person will have a different method based on their results. On the other hand, you can still do abs before cardio if you want, but TrainRightMuscle believes that you will skip the important step, which is “warm-up”.
How many times a week should you do cardio?
This depends on your goals. If you focus on weight loss and fat loss combined with exercises with weights, then you should exercise every day and arrange the time accordingly, avoid doing too much cardio or you will lose strength, and not be able to do it. hold weights again.
In addition, you can set aside 1 session a week to focus on those exercises, this will help burn more fat, especially belly fat because you will have to work all over the body for a certain time.
Tips to get 6-pack abs
- There are many ways for you to develop this difficult muscle group, typically by combining a variety of exercises around the abdomen, to choose which exercise is most suitable for you. You can also work out any time you have freedom because the abs group has no time requirements, but for quick results, it is advisable to create a more regular regimen.
- Arrange a reasonable rest time and get enough sleep, about 6-8 hours a day.
- Since the belly area is a huge storage space, you need to stay away from alcoholic beverages, beer and wine. Limit fast foods because they are more greasy than you think, and eat more fresh vegetables and fruits instead.
- There are many opinions that you can train your abs at home, as soon as you wake up, because by this time the body has undergone a night of metabolism, and your belly is completely empty.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO AVOID: DO NOT FAST OR EASE LESS FOR 1 DAY. This is completely wrong, but give your body 3 full meals and balanced nutrition. Eat clean and natural foods. Please refer to and arrange a nutritious and nutritious meal, and you will have perfect abs.
Hopefully, after this article, you will understand why we choose to do cardio before abs, as well as the know-how to build your tough abs or the types of exercises you should do.
It’s important to emphasize that even if you’re working out crazy, you need to make time to eat and rest. Only when you combine those 3 things will you develop into a better new version.